Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I recently started prednisone because I had a bad episode of…

Customer Question
I recently started prednisone...

I recently started prednisone because I had a bad episode of erethyma multiformae. My dermatologist thinks it's from herpes simplex because I have a recurring lesion on my buttock. I think it is flaring up again. He prescribed me valtrex and told me to start in a week or so. But if the hsv is flaring up again, can I start valtrex today even though I'm still on prednisone?

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/6/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

There is no drug interaction between prednisone and Valtrex (valacyclovir).

You can take them together safely.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.

Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Thanks.