Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Mra says have some evidence of frozen shoulder. Can that

Customer Question

Mra says have some evidence of frozen shoulder. Can that cause neck pain?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had cervica disc replacement but still have pain in area between shoulder and neck. Mayo clinic says could be shoulder problem. Mra says frozen shoulder and fraying of superior portion of glenoidnlabrum
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: The disc surgery didn't solve my pain and I had a ski accident three years ago that caused all this. Is this a free service?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $27 after the Doctor responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.
Neck muscles and shoulder have common muscles called as shoulder girdle. So neck issues can cause shoulder problems and vice versa. Majority of people with frozen shoulder will respond to physical therapy alone. The program should be aggressive, daily and assisted by the physical therapist. The regimen consists of active and active-assistive range-of-motion exercises combined with stretching. Pain may occur early but within six to eight weeks progress is usually made. Other treatment modalities such as heat and massage may help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics may also be beneficial. Deep electrotherapy in the form of short wave diathermy, Interferential current, trans cutaneous electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis also are very help initially.

Those people who do not respond to the initial physical therapy are considered for the following;

1) A subacromial corticosteroid injection

2) A glenohumeral intra articular injection combined with saline dilation

3) Manipulation under anesthesia

4) Surgery; arthroscopic or open releases

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

The causes of consideration for your symptoms are;

1) Bicipital tendinitis

2) Frozen shoulder

3) Biceps rupture

4) Brachial neuritis

5) Rotator cuff disease

6) Cervical radiculopathy

7) Cervical spondylosis

8) Suprascapular neuropathy.

Any of the above can be concomitant to with other issues.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/