Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I just picked my son up from school with severe "stabbing"

Customer Question
stomach pain. He says it...
I just picked my son up from school with severe "stabbing" stomach pain. He says it hurts worst below his belly button, but also through his whole midsection. It feels better when he lays down, neither side hurts worse, not tender when I touch it, no fever (but he feels warm) he's pale and his teeth are chattering. Not constipated, normal bowel movement right after the pain started. Should I be concerned?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes you should be.

Early symptoms of acute appendicitis can start around mid abdomen and then localizes to right lower side.

Given the severity of pain, he should be seen in the ER at least tonight.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Well, that's pretty decisive! Thank you!

very welcome

Best wishes