Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I'm wondering about the safety of taking levofloxacin for 21…

Customer Question
I'm wondering about the safety...
I'm wondering about the safety of taking levofloxacin for 21 days.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/3/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

In some infections, prolonged course is required.

Though the risk of side effects may be increased but it does not occur always.

You may not feel any.

If you develop any new symptom, I would suggest to inform your doctor.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.

Is it normal to have a headache and feeling of sluggishness when on this?

Why are you taking Levofloxacin?

In which part of head do you feel the pain?

Please write more about sluggishness.

I am taking Levofloxacin because of a case of prostatitis.
I feel pressure on my head in general, like wearing a helmet and it's hard to focus.
Sluggishness in the sense that i feel tired.

In prostatitis, long course is usually required.

It can be prescribed for 28 days too.

These side effects are not specific to levofloxacin.

Please try to plenty of fluid, avoid stress & take rest.