Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Initially I've had a rash on my left side of scrotum which…

Customer Question
Initially I've had a...

Initially I've had a rash on my left side of scrotum which then spread to the right side. Then I started to get bumps on the inside of my groin. Now small bumps appear on my arms and now to the side of my fingers, some with small black dots in the center. I have been seen by my doctor who prescribed Permethrin, which I used 4 days ago with no relief. I have used an air purifier and allergy detergent to clean all clothes and blankets to rule out an allergic reaction. Ive been taking loratadine 10mg during the day and benadryl 25mg at night to help with symptom relief.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/1/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Are these bumps painful or itchy?

Do you have a pic to look at?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

bumps are itchy. Attached is a picture of my right inner thigh. The bigger bump is one that I scratched and then looked like that. Also, attached is a picture of small bumps on the sides of my fingers.
Here is my right leg and left groin.

Thanks for these pics --helpful.

This is likely due to a type of eczema.

Dyshidrotic eczema is likely given the predilection in the sweat prone areas.

This will require a potent steroid ointment.

Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% ointment twice daily for 2 weeks will work better.

Definitely not an infection.

Best wishes

Do any of these bumps look fungal to you? I know a possible diagnosis from my doctor was to treat with anti fungal creams.
Here is a picture of my right scrotum.

No it is not a fungal infection.

Hence that will not work.

You should see a dermatologist ideally.

And you should request your doctor to prescribe you triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% ointment meanwhile.

Best wishes

Also, small red bumps are also on my legs and forearms which are not sweat prone areas. Is it normal for dyshidrotic eczema to spread throughout the body? Thanks
Here is a picture of more bumps on my hand.

Yes they are --in fact more common on palms.

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist