Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My 8 year old son's T2 level of the TSH was 4.20 Is this…

Customer Question
My 8 year old son's...
My 8 year old son's T2 level of the TSH was 4.20 Is this high?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/1/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

yes, this level is high for your son

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2645400/

the TSH should be lower in the 1-3 range

high TSH levels means hypothyroidism or low thyroid hormone levels.

he might have to go on supplemental thyroid hormones to boost up his levels.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)