Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Left thumb to my second finger has been numb for two days. I…

Customer Question
Left thumb to my second...
Left thumb to my second finger has been numb for two days. I was carrying a heavy bag on my left arm, and when I put it down, it was numb and hasn't gone away.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/1/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

It's nerve compression at wrist which can cause such numbness.

You should soak your hands in warm water for 5-10 minutes.

Gentle do stretching exercises.

Also do massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment all along the arm from neck to thumb.

You should take Advil.

And if it persists more than a week then see your doctor or Orthopedist for a clinical exam.

Wrist splint at night can be helpful.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.

Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Thanks.