Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have continuous cough for almost 2 weeks and I went to

Customer Question

Good Evening Sir, I have continuous cough for almost 2 weeks and I went to hospital and i have advised to take Nyquil and provided some antibiotics but still it's not clear and i used to have some ear pain also Just having dry cough not frequently. Any advice will be helpful
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Dry cough with little bit ear pain appears almost more than 3 weeks. Already intake medicines are Azhytromicin 250 mg and CIPRODEX (Ear pain), Day Quil. Thanks for your prompt response
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

dry cough after a viral infection often is due to bronchectasis swelling of the airways which can be treated with a course of steroid therapy to decrease swelling and cough

it doesn't sound like you have had a course of steroid therapy yet.