Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have continuous cough for almost 2 weeks and I went to…

Customer Question
Good Evening Sir, I...

Good Evening Sir, I have continuous cough for almost 2 weeks and I went to hospital and i have advised to take Nyquil and provided some antibiotics but still it's not clear and i used to have some ear pain also Just having dry cough not frequently. Any advice will be helpful

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Dry cough with little bit ear pain appears almost more than 3 weeks. Already intake medicines are Azhytromicin 250 mg and CIPRODEX (Ear pain), Day Quil. Thanks for your prompt response

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/1/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

dry cough after a viral infection often is due to bronchectasis swelling of the airways which can be treated with a course of steroid therapy to decrease swelling and cough

it doesn't sound like you have had a course of steroid therapy yet.