Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I red bumps that turn and a rash under my armpit that was…

Customer Question
I red bumps that turn...
I red bumps that turn brown and a rash under my armpit that was flat red that hurt pretty bad than little bumps all over it . My doc said it was shingle
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2016
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

Shingles can be very painful. Did your doc put you on an anti-viral medication?

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

Looking for a second answer
The spot were it hurt so bad is about the size of a half doller
A silver color over the top of the spot
Can you talk what you think

Certainly the doctor who has seen the lesions is better equipped to diagnose shingles than someone who hasn't actually seen the lesions. They are pretty distinctive and hard to confuse with other disorders. The antiviral will help lessen the severity and longevity of the symptoms, plus help avoid a long-term problem from shingles called post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN) which can cause pain for years.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~