How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 45950
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been on methadone following a car accident. He

Customer Question

My son has been on methadone for pain following a car accident. He has been on it for years. His doctor, Anthony Letizio, has had his license suspended so my son is unable to get his prescription refilled. I have called every doctor listed online as a pain management dr within 60 miles . None do medications . His family doctor refuses to treat him through withdrawal. My ? is How can we get a doctor or how can we help him with withdrawal? , and what will be his withdrawal symtoms be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

he can try to contact a methadone clinic close to him.

also another option is that he can call up his insurance company and see who else is in network for pain management in network for him.

he may have to travel longer than 60 miles to see a doctor.

every patient's withdraw symptoms can be different depending on his dose and length of time on methadone.

Muscle aches and pains are common after stopping methadone

he might have severe nausea, vomiting, cramps, and diarrhea

his withdrawal symptoms can remain severe for several days

if his symptoms get bad, he might have to go to the hospital for IV fluids and hospital admission to help him get over his withdraw symptoms.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using