Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I know this sounds terrible but I take the Xanax every night…

Customer Question
I know this sounds terrible...
I know this sounds terrible but I take the Xanax every night between 10-12am to sleep but we do have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. Always done by 7pm. How long should I wait before taking the Xanax?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/28/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You should not drink alcohol regularly while on xanax to avoid liver problem later.

Xanax can be taken about 3 hours later to avoid significant confusion, drowsiness from wine.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/