Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

THE ISSSUE WITH FREQUENT EAR INFECTIONS FOR MY 5 YEAR OLD…

Customer Question
HI, THE ISSSUE WITH...

HI, THE ISSSUE WITH FREQUENT EAR INFECTIONS FOR MY 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

ON Friday WE VISITED A DOCTOR AND HE MENTIONED ABOUT aEROBIC BACTERIAL CULTURE IN THE EAR

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

AND HE APPLIED BORIC POWDER IN THE EAR.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/28/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That suggests bacterial infection.

She should be on oral antibiotic like Augmentin twice daily for 10 days.

Has she been on oral antibiotic?

Recurrent ear infections should be evaluated by a ENT specialist.

An ear tube may need to be inserted for better drainage and prevent infections in future.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Hi, Thanks for the reply. WE did visit ENT specialist past Friday who applied boric acid in the ear. He suggested NOT to use any antibiotics. My big concern now is that she is having fever now. Also complaining about headache. Should we go to emergency hospital for further evaluation?

Yes absolutely.

It seems the infection may be spreading.

Better to get another evaluation.

Best wishes,