Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had my gullbladder removed...I ate something that did…

Customer Question
I have had my gullbladder...
I have had my gullbladder removed...I ate something that did not agree with me...cold, vomiting and sore stomach . Is this tipi all?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/28/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your symptoms are suggestive of food poisoning or intestinal infection. You may need a course of antibiotics like Metrogyl. The initial management is as following;

1) PeptoBismol

2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea is present.

3) Gatorade / Pedialyte

4) Plenty of fluids

5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

6) Probiotics

7) Over the counter anti vomiting medicine; dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and meclizine hydrochloride (Dramamine Less Drowsy).

The primary aim is prevention of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If the loss of fluids is too much or you are unable to drink enough liquids; you may need antibiotics and / or intravenous fluids. In that case you may need to got to ER.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/