Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had unprotected sex with a male on Thursday night i topped…

Customer Question
I had unprotected sex...

I had unprotected sex with a male on Thursday night i topped and gave and got a blowjob only 10 minutes total.. Then I had sex with my wife witch is breastfeeding on friday night. She was on top and i came in her. I broke down today and let her know. I don't know what the guys status of hiv is?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am wondering what my chances of passing something to her the next day?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/28/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

As such risk of HIV transmission from unprotected anal sex between males is high.

For oral sex chances of HIV transmission are low as compared to vaginal sex.

So theoretically speaking you have a history of unprotected sex with a male chances of HIV transmission are indeed there and you and your wife should undergo HIV testing after window period.

For ELISA method blood test is advised at 6 week,3 months and 6 months.

HIV RNA PCR blood test can be done at 2 weeks post exposure.

I hope this helps