Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had blood work done about a month ago. I am dorman hep c…

Customer Question
I had blood work done...
I had blood work done about a month ago. I am dorman hep c (i believe). just over last week I've had vomiting fever and headaches that won't go away even with advil and excedrin. This morning my stool was white. I called my general and they are closed. Should I do anything or can I wait?
karen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/27/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

white stools or grey ash stools is a sign of blockage of your bile flow from your liver to your small bowel.

it is the bile from your liver and gall bladder which causes your stools to be brown

white or ash stools you need to go to the ER and get blood tests to check your liver and bilirubin levels and get CT and ultrasound scans of your liver to check for blockage of bile and see where the blockage may be from.

do you have an ER or hospital close to you?

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)