Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My 26 year old son has a wbc of 3.4. Tested twice about 2

Customer Question

My 26 year old son has a wbc of 3.4. Tested twice about 2 months apart. Other things seem normal but he has had some swollen glands.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He has had a swollen gland near his groin and in his neck. His skin, acne, has gone out of control. They are putting him on accutane next week but in retesting his blood the wbc is still 3.4 was wondering if this is a real concern
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

a WBC count of 3.4 is not worrisome in a 26 year old

it is very close to normal and is not concerning.

his immune system will respond when needed if he needs higher levels of WBC in his body.

his lymph nodes can respond and help fight off infections as well

let me know if you have other questions.