Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a few different symptoms and I am not sure if or how…

Customer Question
Hi! I have...

Hi! I have a few different symptoms and I am not sure if or how they are related.....I am 50 years old and in pre-menopause. I have very inconsistent bleeding. Really heavy at times with large clots and then the next day nothing and the next day heavy again with the clots and this goes on for a couple of weeks.....I have had pain on my left side mid to lower near rib cage for about 6 weeks now. If feels like my rib cage is sore and around it. I have not done anything physical that would have damaged this part of my body. It hurts most when I lay on that particular side in bed....Very sore.....I have also been dealing with bladder and bowel incontinence for about a month now (very intermittently) but needless to say very embarrassing and awful to deal with. I have been getting headaches for the past week. So basically, I am a mess! LOL

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That is as much as I have for now.....

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/25/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
Menopause can cause irregular bleeding.
However, when the bleeding is continuing for such long time, it needs to be investigated.
There can be different possibilities for the bleeding.
There can be hormonal abnormalities from ovary, pituitary or other endocrine glands.
An inflection or inflammation can be in the pelvis.
This can cause the pain & associated urinary & bowel symptoms.
Uterine changes, endometriosis can cause it.
A few tests like blood hormone levels, blood count, ultrasound would be helpful.
Treatment would depend on the detection of cause.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.