Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a iud put in about 2 months ago .is it normal to still…

Customer Question
I had a iud put...
I had a iud put in about 2 months ago .is it normal to still be slightly bleeding and hurting. When I called the Dr that put it in called in antibiotics but it's still the same. What is your opinion?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/25/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Do you have bleeding since IUD inserted?

Any vaginal discharge?

Is it fresh bleeding or blood clots?

Do you feel pain during intercourse?

Fever?

Back pain?

Any other medical illness?

Are you taking any medicines?

Thanks.

I haven't stop bleeding yet it's always spotting or just bleeding, fresh, yes it ethier hurts to have sex or very uncomfortable, yes in low back & around the right side to the front of belly, I take percents 10 from a pain Dr .
What do you think it could be? What should I do?

As such some cramping and spotting/heavy period can occur after IUD insertion.But after insertion after to make sure the IUD is in correct position an ultrasound examination can be done.

The bleeding may last for a few days or even weeks depending on how your body adjusts to the IUD. You may have spotting on and off or a day or two of heavy bleeding. This is normal and should settle down within 3 months.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Thanks.