Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I woke up Monday morning with excruciating lower back pain.

Customer Question
I didn't do anything physically...
I woke up Monday morning with excruciating lower back pain. I didn't do anything physically challenging the days before that. In fact, I even skipped the gym for over a week. What could have caused my back pain? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/25/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Sorry for late reply.

Possible differential diagnosis may include Lumbar spondylosis,Muscloskeletal strain,Kidney stone.

You should take OTC Advil.

Also maintain a good hydration with plenty of fluids.

You should do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment and apply warm compresses with a heating pad.

Urinalysis,Ultrasound abdomen,X-ray Lumbar spine should be done.

If pain is severe then visit ER.

Hope this helps.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Thanks.