Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I had oral sex with my boyfriend while I had a sinus

Customer Question

I had oral sex with my boyfriend while I had a sinus infection. Within several hours, I was itching and a couple of days later a yeast infection. Three days later, he had a tickle in his throat and in his penis. He went to the doctor and his doctor is telling him that he might have clamydia, he treated him for it, and ran tests, but we do not have the results yet. My boyfriend is really upset with me as he thinks that I am cheating on him. I am not cheating on him and actually, I thought that something was wrong with him because I got a yeast infection. Please help as I am really depressed.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Are you ready to speak with the Doctor now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern.

A yeast infection might happen after certain sexual activities, especially oral-genital sexual contact. However, a yeast infection isn't considered a sexually transmitted infection. Yeast infection can occur due to many other causes which are not sexually transmitted infections.

I do think that you and your boyfriend should get tested and don't speculate until you have the reports.

I hope this helps

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.