Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have home urine dipsticks and it is showing leukolytes and…

Customer Question
I have home urine dipsticks...
I have home urine dipsticks and it is showing leukolytes and blood in my urine. Usually that is normal. It wasnt bloody in the toilet though. On the stick it wasn't yellow with blue specs but it was the first color after normal green. What does this mean? I feel fine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/24/2016
Health Professional: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered. replied 2 years ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and Health questions answered.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.

The dipsticks colors vary depending on the company. Can you paste the instructions about results, what color shows what according to them?

I'm at work I don't know. I just know the yellow with specs. Is no hemoglobin or something like that

Okay,I need to know the instructions to give a clarified answer, get back to me when you have it.

ok this morning it registered hemolysis plus 10 ( one step from normal) then now I took it and it was normal
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

Thanks for requesting a new answer. Leokocytes are white blood cells and can indicate a urinary tract infection. In women it can also indicate that the specimen was not a clean catch and is contaminated with vaginal cells. The most common causes of hemolyzed blood are allergies, or love levels of vitamin C, A, bioflavenoids or calcium.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

If you have no more questions about this test, I would appreciate a "5 star" rating since this is the only way I am paid for my time and knowledge.

A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner