Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have been diagnosed with pneumonia.i have taken

Customer Question
My name is***** have been...
My name is***** have been diagnosed with pneumonia.i have taken levofloxacin for 2 days. My breathing has eased but now my eyes lips and throat have dried to the point that to cough is choking me. I have tried to stay hydrated, but I can barely swallow. Have not slept in days Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/24/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Are you taking any other medications?

Dry cough?

Sore throat?

Fever?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Inhaler and ibuprofen for sore throat said from drainage. Have been off all meds since last Thursday. Dry cough. Not sure about fever. Did sweat through my clothes 3times last night.

You should do menthol steam inhalation.

Also do saline gargles/oral betadine gargles.

Avoid Ibuprofen if you don't have fever and sweat profusely.

You should elevate your head while sleeping.

Also nasal saline spray can be helpful.

Avoid decongestant,antihistamines as they can worsen dryness.

Use a humidifier in your room.

You should drink warm liquids.

Vitamin C lozenges can be tried.

You can start multivitamin containing B complex.

You can apply cool compresses on eyes.

Lubricating eye drops can be used.

And if your symptoms 'll persist then see your doctor again for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.

I have tried almost all of those things. Thanks anyway.

You should continue till you see your doctor again as they provide you relief.

Your symptoms are not related to Levofloxacin itself.

Long term use of antihistaminic medications,decongestant can cause such symptoms.

It may take some time to properly resolve such symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.
Positive feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)