Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

My name is ***** *****, I received lab results back today.

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** *****, I received lab results back today. Which has my WBC UA/HPF #s at 11-25 with standard range being 1-5. What does this mean?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I went in wanting to be tested for HPV , I'm not exactly sure what that is , my x came to me and said he had HPV, he said it was an std. Doctor did a whole bunch of blood work and urine. I'm a little nervous, cause my next appt is for a biopsy of my cervix
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

WBC in urine indicates urine infection.

Further urine culture and sensitivity test should be advised for particular strain of causative agent and specific antibiotic to be prescribed.

You should hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Also take Pyridium pills if you have burning during urination.

Try cranberry juice.

And see your doctor for a clinical correlation.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.