Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Left hand tremor getting worse but suspecting it could be…

Customer Question
Left hand tremor getting...

Left hand tremor getting worse but suspecting it could be related to worsening neck pain maybe whiplash

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

Chronic neck pain on left side from ear to shoulder. Limited neck movement. compression (bumping head getting into car, etc) causes severe pain and shock waves threw body

Doctor's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Doctor now?

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/24/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

The left hand tremor may be caused by whiplash / pinched nerves in neck. You may get the following investigations done, if not already performed:

1) MRI of neck and brain.

2) Electromyography (EMG)

3) Nerve conduction velocity study (NCV).

4) Throid function tests.

5) Blood electrolytes and serum calcium.

These would be able to pin point the cause and thereby indicate the treatment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

There is a medical issue which is called as essential tremor. Usually it is on both the hands. But rarely may start only on one side. The investigations advised for it are;

Electrolyte panel

Thyroid function tests

Blood urea nitrogen (BUN)

Creatinine

Liver function tests

Serum ceruloplasmin.

Primidone and propranolol are the medications given for it.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope you are doing good.

Let me know if I can do anything further.

My best,