Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Nurse, I have been off of amitriptyline for 2 weeks, but…

Customer Question
Nurse, I have been off...
Nurse, I have been off of amitriptyline for 2 weeks, but continue to not get an erection or reach ejaculation. I had only been on the med for 4 weeks for sleep. I had a great intimate life prior to taking this med and now I'm kinda freaking out that the effects are permanent. Is this going to get better?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/23/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

The effect of amitriptyline is temporary.

You should get back your erection in 3-4 months from now on.

The effect of amitriptyline is nerve related not blood flow related.

That is why this is not a long term problem.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist