Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

Last night I swollowed a small sharp piece of bone.I tried

Customer Question

Last night I swollowed a small sharp piece of bone.I tried to bring it up to no avail. This morning I woke to some discomfort at the bottom of my oesophagus. I suffer from Barratt syndrome so I cant be sure what may be causing the pain. Will my digestive system dissolve
the small piece of bone?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, your digestion system will break down and pass out your stool a small piece of bone.

the small piece of bone could have scratched the bottom of your esophagus.

that should heal over time

if you notice black tar like stools, you need to see your doctor to get your esophagus and stomach checked for bleeding.

but I would not stress about a small piece of bone

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com