Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My hands bruise easily since open heart surgery. I have cut…

Customer Question
My hands bruise easily...

My hands bruise easily since open heart surgery. I have cut back the meds, but the bruising still occurs.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

How can I toughen up my skin to make it less prone to bruising?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/23/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is likely due to the blood thinner use --aspirin plavix etc.

The effect may remain for several months.

You should consider taking vitamin K and C supplementation daily.

Green leafy vegetables are good.

You can also apply hyaluronic acid cream daily on the skin to let it heal better.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/