Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I was vacationing in Costa Rica ( the Rainforest side and

Customer Question
Hello ~ I was vacationing...
Hello ~ I was vacationing in Costa Rica ( the Rainforest side and livestock) in April and was also there the summer before. I was also in Peru the summer before that. I came home with Sarcoptic Scabies and what I beleive are Liver Flukes. I have been to an Infectious Disease doctor, GI Specialist and my primary care doctor. They all see the pictures and agree there is someting but will not send pictures to CDC to have them correctivly diagnosed. She has put me on 2 rounds of Ivermecton, Prazequantel, Baltracide and many antibiotics. What should I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My lab work shows that I have a very high eosenophil count. I have gone through menapause 2 1/2 years ago and have had bleeding with a ultasound showing numerous cysts around the outside of my uterous. I have numerous leasions on my scalp that have been treated and will not go away and my hair has suffered with breaking off dramaticully.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
2/22/2016
Health Professional: wieyedoc, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc
wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)