Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Pre employment drug test, Well I made I mistake when I lived…

Customer Question
Pre employment drug test ...

Pre employment drug test

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well I made I mistake when I lived Denver and smoked for 3 months. Stopped December 8 so I've been clean for 74 days. I will be going through labcorp for my test. Just wondering my chances of passing at 50ng

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/22/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

What were you smoking?

Marijuana

Thanks for the further information.

You would be tested negative. Marijuana is excreted from blood and urine in 7 days. If it is a hair test, it may take 9 take to get it out of it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

That doesn't make sense. People say they fail drug test after a month sometimes. So I don't understand how it would only take 7 days to pass a urine test

Sir,

The Half-life of Marijuana is: 28 hr (56 hr chronic use).

So the drug should go away in 5-7 days. This is pharmacology.

In chronic use half life is 56 hours. So it should excrete in maximum 14 days.

Usually excretion is complete in 5-7 times of half life.

Please see the authentic reference;

http://reference.medscape.com/drug/cannabis-ganja-marijuana-343687#10

You have not smoked for 74 days, so you would be negative.

It is privilege assisting you.

Can you explain how people abstain from use after 20 or so days and still can't piss a urine test? I'm just curious. I wasn't passing my home test at 20-30-40 days and I'm just now getting faint lines

The reasons not passing for more than a month can be;

1) Liver disease

2) Kidney disease

3) Alcoholics

4) Persisting to take tiny amount (so basically telling lie that they had not smoked).

5) Passive smoking (sitting with people who continue smoking).

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

you're saying that doesn't matter that I smoked marijuana for three months at a somewhat chronic rate, that I will pass a urine test at a cutt off level of 50ng sent to a lab.

Yes, in your situation, with your description, you should be negative.

Doesn't it store in your fat cells. So isn't that how it stays in your system

Anything in the body which stays for some time would be stored somewhere; in fat or liver or other organ. But this is what we mean by the half life. Five to seven times duration of half life they get eliminated completely after cessation of the consumption.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Okay so if I'm over weight and maybe have a slow metabolism I should still pass a negative be used its been over 7 days. Again I've been clean for 74. I pass home drug tests if I'm not out burning fat the day before

Yes, you would pass the test even if you are over weight or have a slow metabolism. You are clean for very long duration. I don't see any problem.

I guess it's just hard to believe because all that I've read on the Internet of people not being clean after 30 days because they smoke at a chronic rate. I wasn't passing tests after 7 days. So it's hard for me to comprehend what you're saying I guess

Internet, I believe you can understand is dictated by the laymen. Here the answer is provided by professionals.

I guess, I cannot say, you won't pass as the medical knowledge and experience says contrary to it.

I mean if you say you believe il pass then I can be more confident I will. I was just curious how I could still fail an at home test after so many days is all. I understand the Internet can say a lot of things, most misinformed, reason being why I reached out. Just a little peranoid I guess

Please do not get anxious. I know this can happen with so much of wrong information all around.

Last question.So even though THC is stored in fat cells and released through metabolites I should be clean after 74 days. Even though I smoke at a chronic rate for roughly three months. Over weight and have a average or slow metabolism? I fail a drug test after excessive but if I abstain from activity I get a faint like saying I passed. So as long as I stay relatively inactive I should pass a lab test?

Yes, with your description you would pass the test.

Read some reviews... How can I know you're an expert? No disrespect, just asking.

I deal all these in my practice.

Deal with what?

We deal in our practice with drug screening.

I am a sports medicine specialist and deal with drug abuse in sports too.

I've just read a lot of reviews saying you guys are fake physicians. Again no disrespect burin don't want what you told me to be a lie and me have a false sense of comfort

We are true doctors.

I gave you an authentic reference.

It seems you may not be willing to pay. I won't mind it.

Where are you based out off?

This is my profile which tells you the detail;

Site rules and regulation would not allow more than this information.

But you can inquire this from site moderator.

Well it's says you're based out of India and this your profile picture on here doesn't match up from what's on this linkhttp://onlinehealthopinion.com/aboutus

I am same. This is only age difference.