How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter (40) just flew from Manilla to ***** ***** and

Customer Question

Hi my daughter (40) just flew from Manilla to ***** ***** and fainted on the way. This also happened to her on a flight from India to ***** ***** a few months ago. Naturally I am concerned and wonder what causes thus and also what to do to prevent it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cause of fainting on long haul flight
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.


There are various factors which can cause fainting during air travel like High altitude,Low blood pressure,Dehydration,Hypoglycemia.

Changing position from sitting to standing is too fast for blood to reach your brain at high altitude causing fainting.

Usually it's good to maintain proper hydration.

leg stretching exercises during air travel can be helpful.

Also eat small meals through out the travel.

Gradually change the position.

Avoid alcohol consumption in flight.

If possible keep Oral rehydration solution along with in your bag.

Monitor your blood pressure.

If it persists a clinical exam by family doctor should be considered.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.

Your satisfaction is our goal.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.

Your satisfaction is our goal.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.