Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am 82, while defecating, I was straining to much; now I am…

Customer Question
I am 82, while...

I am 82, while defecating, I was straining to much; now I am in constant pain more or less in my lower right side chest area that won't go away, even tho I use my left side & my fingers to expel it. Can you help me in my misery?

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

I took lots of probiotics, now it comes out lumpy & clean, but I am still in lots of pain.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/20/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is indeed concerning.

This suggests decreased intestinal motility.

You will need a CT scan to rule out any bowel obstruction first.

If no obstruction, then the problem can be managed by combination of laxatives.

Newer osmotic laxatives like Lubiprostone can be taken daily with Miralax powder.

Senna tablets also can be added daily.

Fleet's enema can be used as needed as well.

Are you on any other medication currently including narcotic pain medication?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist