Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I came down with shingles two months ago. The rash didn't…

Customer Question
I came down with shingles...
I came down with shingles two months ago. The rash didn't last long, but the pain did. The pain goes around my bust line under my arm. Will this last any longer or should I go to pain many net. This pain is unbearable.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/20/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Shingles related nerve pain can last for long time sometimes.

This is also known as postherpetic neuralgia.

The nerve inflammation can be controlled by nerve blocking injection in resistant cases.

Topical lidocaine and doxepine mixture can be tried as well.

Oral gabapentin at high dosage and a opiate like tramadol can be tried as well.

Please consult with a pain medicine specialist.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist