Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My 23 year old had two bowel movements yesterday the first…

Customer Question
My 23 year old...

My 23 year old had two bowel movements yesterday the first was a pale color second was normal anything to worry about

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

I just know that for no reason his bowel movement was first pale in color

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

Then second went back to normal

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/20/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

White or pale color stool can be due to a few causes.

It can be due to some obstruction in bile flow.

If the bile can not come to intestines, the stool cannot get colored & remains light colored & even white.

Those can be due to stone, growth in the liver, gall bladder.

The other causes can be due to malabsorption, pancreatitis or pancreatic insufficiency.

Change of diet or medicine like kaopectate, Pepto-Bismol, antacid etc. can also alter stool color.

As it occurred once & the next one was normal, it can be dietary issue.

If the symptom repeats, he needs to consult doctor.

Ultrasound of gall bladder, blood work may be needed.

I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)