Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I am overweight and have had recurring episodes of acute

Customer Question

I am overweight and have had recurring episodes of acute paain in my right thigh when rising from bed or a chair. I stagger fror a few steps and then the pain goes away but walking any distance causes a burning pain in my lower back. Any thoughts would be appreciated
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

being overweight can put extra pressure on your lower back and the disks between the bones of your lower back

this can cause herniated or slipped disks which can press on nerves and cause pain to radiate down your legs and into your thigh.

burning pain in your lower back can be a sign of a slipped disk and pinched nerve in your lower back

you need to see a doctor and get an MRI scan of your lower back to look for pinched nerves.

you might benefit from a steroid injection into the area to decrease swelling.

weight loss and physical therapy could help as well.

do you have a doctor you can see who can examine your back and order an MRI scan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at present ---I'm 66, retired and on medicare. It sounds to me like your diagnosis is spot-on. The most economical thing I can do is to try to lose weight, it seems...thank you for your prompt response!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

loosing weight will help a lot.

but can take exercise

which can be difficult if you have pain and a pinched nerve in your back

you do need to get a primary care doctor.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com