How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been in and out of the emergency room with anxiety

Customer Question

I've been in and out of the emergency room with anxiety attacks this last week, I've had a lot of blood drawn my arm hurts now, what do I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should ice the area of the blood draws with an ice pack.

like a bag of ice in a zip lock bag wrapped in a towel for 20-30 minutes to help decrease swelling and pain

you need to see a doctor and get medication treatment for your anxiety attacks.

do you have a primary care doctor? who can treat you for anxiety attacks?

have you been on medications for anxiety before?