Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Sorry to chat at such a strange hour of the night but just…

Customer Question
Hello, Sorry to...

Hello, Sorry to chat at such a strange hour of the night but just yesterday afternoon I had a Wellness test at work and it said my triglycerides were 236. Just this past October the lab report said it was 70

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

Other than the test was done right after I had lunch

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/19/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Usually triglycerides or lipid panel should be done fasting.

Your high triglycerides levels can be caused due to non fasting sample.

Triglycerides change dramatically in response to meals, increasing as much as 5 to 10 times higher than fasting levels just a few hours after eating.

So repeat fasting(10-12 hours) lipid panel should done after a week.

Hope this helps.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.