Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Sire throat, inflamed. Visiting Thailand when currently.,

Customer Question
been here a week....
Sire throat, inflamed. Visiting Thailand when currently., been here a week. no fever or rashes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Most likely viral infection.

However, if this is going on for more than a week, this can be a bacterial infection as well.

In that case, antibiotics like amoxicillin can be prescribed by a local physician.

Any recent unprotected oralsex?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Had this burning feeling in the throat after 2 days in Bangkok, felt like the polution in the air was causing it. Yes, had oral sex with wife few days back, no strangers, after swimming in public hotel swimming pool if this helps.
I can get antibiotics here easy over the counter, please recommend a few names, dosage and how many days

Ok --probably viral infection which can be controlled with ibuprofen.

If no improvement in a week, then you can start antibiotic course --correct dose will be amoxicillin 1 gram twice daily for 7 days after clinical evaluation.

Best wishes