Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am 72 years old and I a looking for potassium supplement…

Customer Question
I am 72 years old...
I am 72 years old and I a looking for potassium supplement to take.What is the recommended dosage, and is it potassium Gluconate or Chloride?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/18/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Potassium gluconate is better tolerated and hence preferred.

The dose is 2 tablets daily if you do not have any kidney problem.

This is available as K-99 tablets.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/