Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am a 33/yo male. Lately, when standing for a period of…

Customer Question
Hello I am a 33/yo...
Hello I am a 33/yo male. Lately, when standing for a long period of time (15-20 minutes) I experience a slight numbness sensation at the top of my foot. No sharp pain no dull or ache. The "numbness" goes away when I start walking or sit down. It only appears when I am standing for a long period of time.
I do not have diabetes and my blood pressure is normal. Please advise on what it could be.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/18/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Numbness indicates nerve compression in it's path at a certain position.

So you should opt for physical therapy.

Also do leg stretching exercises.

Take OTC Advil.

And avoid prolonged time of standing in same position.

You should move your leg while standing or walk a bit.

See an Orthopedist for a clinical exam if it persist.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.

Your satisfaction is our goal.

I will follow your comments. What should one "typically" look for if it might be related to circulation?

If you develop any skin discoloration,unusual swelling,pain,warmth,tenderness to touch on affected site then it can be related to poor circulation.

Try such self care remedies until you see your doctor.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Feel free for further queries.
Hope this helps.

Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Thanks.