Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have intermittant discomfortate at the base of my skull…

Customer Question
I have intermittant discomfortate...

I have intermittant discomfortate at the base of my skull with a heavy feeling of my head. It feels as though my neck will not support my head. I have had this for several months and it is worse. I am anh 84 year old female.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

No history of injury

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/16/2016
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 2 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

In the past several months that you've had these symptoms, have you discussed them with your primary medical provider?

Do you take any medications? For which diagnoses>

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

I take medicine for hypertension, lasix, kcl and pradaxa
are you there. if busy you can call me
Since I have received no response from you I am leaving this website. I suppose I need a refund

Hello again,

Sorry for the 10 minute delay, I was helping another customer.

Pain at the base of the skull can be muscular (a tension headache that mainly affects the back of the neck) or it can be occipital neuralgia. There are several subtle headache syndromes that manifest themselves in this area. You might need to see a neurologist to sort out which of the many different reasons there can be for pain in this area.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~