A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a blood test coming in a few days insurance. I

Customer Question

I have a blood test coming in a few days for life insurance. I usually have two drinks per night and my last test the CDT level was too high . What can I do to lower that level in a few days? Thx
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

The only thing you can do is totally abstain from alcohol until after the test. If it still turns out high, your medical provider would need to check for other problems that can raise CDT, such as liver disease.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~