Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is a bloodpressure rate of Sys 75 over Dia 40 too low to be…

Customer Question
Is a bloodpressure rate of...
Is a bloodpressure rate of Sys 75 over Dia 40 too low to be safe?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/15/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Gehring, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor (MD)

HI there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.

Yes, it is too low, because the pressure is not high enough to keep the circulation in the little arteries of your brain and heart going. There is an increased danger not only of fainting, but of stroke and heart attack.

If your pressure went down suddenly now, please call an ambulance! It may be a sign of arrythmia or an adverse side effect of some medication.