Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Food tastes like cardboard, reflux, some nausea, vomiting…

Customer Question
Food tastes like cardboard...

Food tastes like cardboard, reflux, some nausea, vomiting for no reason. loss of appetite. also have a very sore shoulder, mainly scapuld radiating down mr arm and up my neck

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

Ok I'm 63, was a smoker but gave up with the help of champix and I thought the problems were champix side effects but stopped them a month ago and still have the symptoms listed above, I think the shoulder pain is something unconnected

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/15/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

These symptoms can be due to the:

1. Severe acid reflux disorder

2. Gastric ulcer

3. Gallbladder disease -- obstructing gallstone

4. Acute pancreatitis

Pancreatitis related pain can radiate to scapula as well.

Hence you need further evaluation with blood tests and abdominal scan.

You can try over the counter Omeprazole twice daily for acid reflux treatment.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/