Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Can you write prescriptions? i been vomiting since 4:30am. i…

Customer Question
can you write prescriptions?...
can you write prescriptions? i been vomiting since 4:30am. i will stop for a while then start again. it's now 2pm. my vomit smells like a sewer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/14/2016
Health Professional: Camille-Moderator, Category Moderator replied 2 years ago
Camille-Moderator
Camille-Moderator, Category Moderator
I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly.
I am sorry but at this time we do not offer prescription service, but may be able to do so in the future, so please check back at a later date. Please let me know if you want to continue, or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,Camille~Moderator
i been vomiting since 4:30am. my vomit smells like a sewer. it taste just has bad. after the first time this morning i went about 5-6 hours before vomiting again. now my stomach is empty. do you have any ideas on what it could be?
Hi, I will open your question to our Medical Doctors, thank you for your continued patience :-)
Health Professional: DrPhilMD, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
DrPhilMD
DrPhilMD, Doctor (MD)

I'm Dr. Phil

Do you take any meds or have any known medical issues?

i dont take any meds but i do take methadone, 70mg a day, and i have gastritis.

what prescription were you seeking?

i wasnt looking for anything. it was incase you knew why i was vomiting so much and it smelling like a sewer,you could give me something to calm my stomach. i haven't eating since yesterday around 9pm.
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Your symptoms are suggestive of stomach infection. You may take following over the counter medications;

1)) PeptoBismol

2) Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and meclizine hydrochloride (Dramamine Less Drowsy).

3) Fluids as much as possible

4) Gatorade / Pedialyte.

This is usually viral. But if you are unable to keep yourself hydrated or you have significant abdominal pain or fever you may consider going to emergency room.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

thank you. i started drinking Gatorade late yesterday afternoon. my last vomit was about 2:30pm. feeling better today. the smell of a sewer coming from my stomach got my worried. i should be ok.
thanks again
sincerely *****

You are very welcome, David.

Glad that you are feeling better.

The initial management of stomach infection is as following;

1) PeptoBismol

2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea is present and is vigorous.

3) Gatorade / Pedialyte

4) Plenty of fluids

5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

6) Probiotics

The primary aim is prevention of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If the vomiting loss of fluids is too much or one is unable to drink enough liquids; one need antibiotics and / or intravenous fluids.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

The usual course of viral intestinal infection is 2-3 days. So your symptoms should resolve completely in next couple of days.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Hope you are doing good.

Let me know if I can do anything more for you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)