Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I (think) I was bitten by a spider about a week and a half

Customer Question
Hi. I (think) I...
Hi. I (think) I was bitten by a spider about a week and a half ago. When I woke up in the morning there was a little whitehead bump on my leg and the area around the bump was sore. Fast forward to today, the whitehead is still there, there is a cherry size lump and the area of the bump has grown bigger harden and more painful. The bite is on the back of my calf and it is too painful to allow it to touch anything and it is getting difficult to walk. I've been watching it but I am not sure if I should to the ER. I called to make a appointment with my primary care doctor but an appointment couldn't be scheduled until the end of the month.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
2/13/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is a bacterial infection causing the lump.

Cellulitis and abscess formation is the likely mechanism.

You will need to go to the urgent care and get it drained.

Oral antibiotic also will be required.

Please do not neglect this.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist