Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I jus had a few ?'s about a drug test coming up, I took

Customer Question
I jus had a...

I jus had a few ?'s about a drug test coming up

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

I took 7.5mg of oxycodone for knee pain and I was wondering about how long it will be in my system.

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

I had urinalysis yesterday and it had been around 40 hours since I had taken any. I was outside all day and drank a little over a gallon of water in 4 hours

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/13/2016
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 2 years ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Oxycodone is detectable in a urine test for 3-4 days.

A blood test will detect Oxycodone for up to 24 hours.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.

my test limit for opiates is 2000 ng/ml. will I pass?

Most likely you will pass the test without any worry, as oxycodone level will be low ( much less than 2000ng/ml) even if it is detected.

Your satisfaction is our goal.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Thanks.

the level would have been low enough to pass 40 hours after taken?

Yes,as your medicine dose is very low.

You'll pass the test.

If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedbackare appreciated.

Feel free for further queries.

Hope this helps.

What does ng/ml exactly mean?

Some medical tests report results in nanograms (ng) per millilitre (mL).

Your satisfaction is our goal.

Health Professional: Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist replied 2 years ago
Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist

While I agree with the other expert, I just want to add an additional point to help ease your mind. You stated that the urine test is for opiates, with a cut off of 2,000 ng/ml. If this is just a regular opiate test, then oxycodone won't be detected. Oxycodone is a synthetic opiate and most tests that are called opiate tests are designed to detect natural opiates (morphine, heroin, codeine), but not synthetic opiates. Synthetic opiates require a specific test for them to be detected. So, if that is the case, then you shouldn't have a problem. Further, you stated that you were prescribed oxycodone by a doctor, so if this drug test is for a job then you should be fine if you tell the Medical Review Officer that you have a valid prescription.

Take care,

Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist