Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have constant vibration in my colon. It's at the bottom,

Customer Question
near my anal area. I...
I have constant vibration in my colon. It's at the bottom, near my anal area. I was on heavy antibiotics for 12 days and I'm also taking a probiotic.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/13/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Recent antibiotic use can cause this as side effect.

Intestinal spasms are common from dehydration ( diarrhea related).

Usually temporary phenomenon.

You can try magnesium supplement daily to help with the sensation.

Amitriptyline also will help by prescription.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist