Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I gave birth 5 days ago, now I have a cold feeling going…

Customer Question
Hi, I gave birth 5...
Hi, I gave birth 5 days ago, now I have a cold feeling going through my left arm.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/12/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Cold feeling sensation is caused due to nerve impingement in it's path.

You should gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment.

Also apply warm compresses.

It can be possible to have some muscle weakness in arms after child birth.

Even carry newborn baby or poor posture can cause nerve irritation.

So maintain a good posture while breastfeeding.

This symptom is not related to heart so you needn't to worry.

If your symptoms get worse over the time then consult your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.

Hi thanks for your response, so this feeling started 4 days after birth, now when it happens I also feel pins and needs in my legs and butt.I had an epidural

This sensation is associated with epidural anaesthesia.

Your symptoms'll relieve in a week.

You shouldn't worry about any serious issue.

Hope this helps.

Please to not forget a positive rating.

Ok, I just want to be sure because my friends had epidurals and never experienced this.I was worrying
Should I still by the muscle relaxant cream or should I just wait for it to go away
Hello

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

It can be associated with epidural seen in many cases.

You can apply muscle relaxant ointment also.

Hope this helps.