Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

In a patient with pneumonia (a respiratory condition that…

Customer Question

In a patient with pneumonia (a respiratory condition that results in lower levels of oxygen in the blood), will diffusion of oxygen increase, decrease, or stay the same in comparison to normal?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
hi
2/11/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

The diffusion of the oxygen stays same in pneumonia unless it is very severe.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

1. During a microscopy exercise in the anatomy laboratory, a student makes the following observations about a tissue section: (a) The section contains some different types of scattered protein fibers—that is, they exhibit different widths, some are branched, some are long and unbranched. (b) The observed section has some “open spaces”—that is, places between both cells and the fibers that appear clear with no recognizable features. (c) Several connective tissue cell types are scattered throughout the section, but these cells are not grouped tightly together. What type of tissue is the student observing? Where might this tissue be found in the body?

You have to open an another thread for the new question.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)