Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My name is ***** *****. I have been having a pain behind my…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have been having a pain behind my knee for the past 24 hrs. Before that, I had throbbing pain in my hamstring area of my left leg for a couple of nights. Just trying to figure out what might be causing it, since the pain moved down my leg into the area behind my knee.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

4 days ago is when the throbbing occurred in the middle of the night for 2 nights. Monday, my hamstring just above the knee felt sore. But, yesterday the pain increased and moved to behind my knee. Which seems weird. I am pretty active with sports, 2-3 days a week.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
2/3/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

There are a few possibilities.

Pain behind knee can be due to muscle strain, inflammation of tendons or tendonitis.

There can be cyst formation commonly called Baker's cyst.

Arthritis, ligament or meniscus injury can be there.

A clot in the vein can also cause pain here.

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

A few tests like ultrasound, blood work for arthritis, metabolic panel would be needed.

Till then, you can take tylenol for pain.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.